Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Just the Facts, Ma'am

Earthquake Information, issued at 20:48 JST 01 Feb 2006

Just had another earthquake about an hour and a half ago (2006/02/01 20:48 JST / UTC +9), this one tipping the Japanese intensity scale at 3 here in Central Yokohama.

Bigger than the last one, not The Big One.

The epicentre was in Chiba, however, rather near where I work. Hope my desk is not a mess when I go in tomorrow... ;)

Like I said before, I think Japan is the most prepared country in the world when it comes to quakes. I would prefer not to experience a serious one, but I feel pretty good about the infrastructure in place to deal with earthquake and fire here.

2 comments:

Maethelwine said...

Unless of course the building you're in when it hits was put together by a crooked construction firm. But working for Amazon, by the way, sounds pretty damned cool. You get discounts?

Josh Glover said...

@maethelwine: No comment. (Which means, "Yes, I get a discount, but no, I will not purchase books for you.")

;)