Sunday, October 02, 2005

Found a Good Job in the City, Workin' for the Man Every Night and Day

I have just accepted an offer from Amazon Japan to join them as a Unix System Administrator! I will start work on November 01, or when I get my working visa, whichever comes first.

To say that the job is in "The City" is a bit of a stretch, though, as I will be working at the Ichikawa Distribution Centre out in Chiba (an eastern suburb of Tokyo). The facility is right on the bayshore, however, and affords excellent views of the Chiba city centre across the water.

I am quite happy to have found a job so quickly, and very excited at the thought of working for Amazon, an excellent company by any standard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While in japan, I suggest training at a Bujinkan dojo.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new position of gainful employment! How long have you been a BOFH, anyway?

Josh Glover said...

I have been a BOFH ever since I've had users. Professionally, only since I started working for INCOGEN in 2002.